1. From our Activities Office: In conjunction with St. Cloud Orthopedics, we will be offering the ImPACT concussion baseline test here at Cathedral next Tuesday, 11/19/13. The test will begin at 5:15pm, 6:15pm, 7:15pm or 8:15pm. You do not need a reservation and can pick any of the four times. However, you can not start late - so if you are late for one time, you will need to wait for the next. The test will take approximately 45 minutes. Cost of the test is $10 which can be paid in cash or in a check made out to OSC.
For those not familiar, this test provides a baseline. Then, in the event of a head injury, the test can be re-taken to provide your physician with a diagnostic tool to help determine when your son or daughter can return to play. The baseline test is recommended every two years.
2. Current Honor Rolls are now on the school website in Academics.
3. National Honor Society is hosting a blood drive on Wednesday November 20 from 8-2. We have some appointments available for family members of our students. Please contact Darcy Frank-Henrichs at email@example.com or 251-3421 ext. 305 for an appointment.
4. Grandparents' Day is Nov. 26. Our new Bishop will be celebrating with us on that day. Here's what the day looks like: breakfast serving starting at 7:45 am and Mass at 9:30 am. In between those two, students and grandparents will have a photo taken, and they may tour the school. We will serve breakfast 7:45 to 8:45; grandparents may arrive at any time during that hour. We have sent out invitations - if you sent us an address, or we had one from last year. If you have (grand)parents who didn't receive an invitation, please notify the Main Office, and we will send out an invitation immediately.
We will clear the parking lot right across from the South Building for our guests on that day, and we ask that you remind family members that there is a handicapped accessible door at the east end of the South Building, leading to an elevator. We will also provide rides to the North Gym for any grandma or grandpa with mobility issues.
This day is truly one of the highlights of our school year. Watching our "big" kids interacting with Grandma and Grandpa is just wonderful. Every year, I am reminded that this relationship is so important - perhaps even more important for teenagers than little ones.
5. Our Campus Ministers are beginning a food drive for the Emergency Food Shelf. The theme is "Will You Survive" and they have planned motivational activities and doubled their goal from previous years. The food drive runs Nov. 11 - 22. Please support this worthy drive.
6. The Nordic Ski Team is selling poinsettias for their team fundraiser. The poinsettias are beautiful, festive plants from St. Cloud Floral. Consider purchasing one or more for a gift for someone or for yourself.
The 6" plants are red, white, pink and burgundy and the cost is $15. We are offering a 6" blue poinsettia with gold sparkles in honor of our teammate, Ellie Sovada and cost is $20.
Checks should be made to Cathedral Athletic Association. Poinsettia sale is from November 4th-22nd. Plants will be available for pick up Wednesday, December 4th from 10:00 am-5:50 pm at the North Gym.
For orders, contact any Nordic skier or Lauri Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-3311.
Posted on Fri, November 15, 2013
by CHS Editor