A Message to Parents
1. From Parent Council:Please join us on Tuesday, April 19th, for our last regular Parent Council meeting for the school year. Our meeting starts at 11:30 in the conference room off the senior lounge. This month our speakers will be Nina Steil, Cathedral Advancement, with an update on Celebration of Seasons and Chris Mueller, St Cloud Fire Fighter, Fire Safety Aware information.
2. Once spring arrived, the annual Nerf Wars started. Please remind your students that these games must be played safely. We are all too aware that two Minnesota teens lost their lives a year ago while playing Nerf games. I have had people express frustrations about students running through yards and being disrespectful when confronted. While I hope these are not Cathedral students, I do know they are involved in these Nerf Wars. This is not a school issue. We can urge students to play safely and courteously, but ultimately this takes place out of school. Please have a conversation with your teen about how to play safely, appropriately, and respectfully.
3. The Softball team is once again selling flowers (and tomato plants) this spring. An athlete may come and sell to you, but if they don't and you are interested, please stop in the Activities Office to order.
Patio pots, flats, hanging baskets, tomato plants and potted plants are all available. Orders are due by April 22nd and the flowers arrive on May 4th (right in time for Mother's Day!).
4. We need parent volunteers for prom (chaperoning, helping to set up). Contact Prom Advisor Nina Steil at email@example.com or 320-257-2143.
5. "Eat Wings. Raise Funds."Enjoy a meal at Buffalo Wild Wings on April 27th and a portion of the money spent will be donated back to the senior all night graduation party! Wednesday, April 27th, from 11am-10pm. Come for lunch or supper! Make sure to print out the attached ticket and give it to your server so Cathedral gets credit for your purchase.
Posted on Mon, April 18, 2016
by CHS Editor