A Message to Parents
1. The weight room in the North Gym will be closed next week, July 4 - 8.
2. From our friends at CSB/SJU:
Host an International Student from Japan for the Evening!This is a unique opportunity! Host an international student (or students) from Japan for a few hours on a summer evening (or all day on a Saturday) as part of the ESL (English as a Second Language) Summer Program as CSB/SJU running from July 7th to August 4th, 2016.Sign-up form - http://ow.ly/wMyu301C6cZFor close to 25 years, the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University has opened up its doors to middle and high-school aged students during the month of July. These students come from Okinawa, Japan or Tokyo, Japan to spend three or four weeks on our campuses. While they are here, the students study English and American Culture. They also explore the local area and visit museums and historical sites in the Twin Cities.Many students who have participated in the ESL Summer Programs have enrolled at CSB/SJU as degree-seeking students after high school.The best part...An Evening with an American FamilyThese students spend one evening each summer with a family, which is one of the highlights of their experience in Minnesota. Generally, the students go out in pairs (greater comfort level), but accommodations can be made for families that prefer to host one student. Volunteer families pick-up the students on a Monday through Friday evening around 4:30 pm and bring them back to campus by 9 pm that same night. It is not expected that you make special plans for the night. Some families do, but past students have enjoyed activities ranging from shopping and backyard cookouts to biking or a boat ride. In other words, families should feel free to do what they would ordinarily do on a summer night. Please feel free to contact Eliora Yokanan at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call at 320-363-5242 with any questions. Thank you!Sign-up form - http://ow.ly/wMyu301C6cZ
3. Easy access to the Tanzanian blog: click on the button on the front page of our website.
4. All of the supply lists for the 2016-2017 School Year are available on our website, under "Students."
5. A reminder from Julie in the Activities Office: Sports Physicals: if you have a student participating in sports, they must have a current Sports Physical on file at Cathedral. Physicals are good for three years. Typically, incoming 7th graders and incoming 10th graders need physicals. Please schedule your appointment early so your Fall-sport athlete can start practices in August.
Posted on Mon, June 27, 2016
by CHS Editor