1. A reminder that tomorrow night (Tues) at 7:00 PM there will be a candlelight prayer service for World Peace Day. The service will take place in between the buildings of Cathedral High School (3rd Street North). We are hoping that all students/parents/families will join us. Please spread the word! Post this on your Facebook or tweet it out. We want this to be a whole St. Cloud prayer for peace, not just a Cathedral prayer.
James Lalley will be leading a "pop-up choir". If you would like to sing in the choir, rehearsal will happen at 6:45 pm.
2. Our guidance counselors will host a Senior Parent Meeting tonight (Monday) at 7:00 pm in the Library. This session focuses on the college search and application process.
3. From Father Ben: CHS is offering a pilgrimage to Rome, Italy for the summer of 2017! Students enjoy a 16 day trip to the "eternal city” and Italian countryside where they can grow in their faith, encounter the Italian culture and food, and learn about history! They earn two college credits while learning and having a blast! We will have an information meeting Sunday, September 25th at 7 PM in the CHS conference room by the cafeteria. Patrick Flynn and I will cover details such as itinerary, cost, fundraising and any other questions you might have! You don’t need to be committed yet.
4. From our Drama Director, Jay Terry: Our production of Blithe Spirit needs a sofa for the set. If anyone has access to one we can use on stage, please let me know! I can haul.
Remember: It only has to look good from 20 feet away, so don’t offer up a priceless family heirloom, Kids in make-up will be on it.
5. Cathedral Volleyball will hold PAA/Fan Appreciation Night on Thursday, Sept. 22. Cathedral plays Foley in the North Gym, starting at 5 pm (JV) and 7:15 pm (Varsity). Wear Blue & Gold or your Cathedral sports uniform to get in free. There will be door prizes and competitions.
6. Parent Council is Tuesday, Sept 20th, 11:30, Downstairs Conference Room, South Bldg. Guest Speaker is Lynn Grewing. She will be able to provide an update with some of the new and upcoming changes occurring at Cathedral.
Information for Senior Parents about yearbook photos:
Senior Picture Info: All senior pictures must be in by November 1. The yearbook staff says the earlier, the better! Pictures need to be at least 300 DPI, color or black & white. The photo must be appropriate for the Cathedral yearbook (not provocative or too revealing). These may be sent via email, disk, flash drive, or paper copy to email@example.com. The picture will be placed in a 3 X 3 box. If the picture does not fit, the yearbook staff will crop to the necessary size.
Baby Picture Info: Celebrate your senior with a baby ad in this year’s yearbook! The deadline for having baby ads turned in will be November 1.
Please have your ads in by this date in order to give the yearbook staff to have enough time to place them into the book! To turn the ad in, either email it to myself at firstname.lastname@example.org or send the ad to the Main Office. We will send any hard copy pictures back to you as soon as we are finished with them. In order for this process to run smoothly, we ask that when your ad is turned in, all parts are sent to us at the same time.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks, Hannah Skockenski Yearbook Senior Editor
Page Size Measurements Cost Options
Eighth Page: 2.75” by 4” $65: 1 picture 50 words
Quarter Page: 5.5” by 4” $85:1 picture and 100 words or 2 pictures and 50 words
Half Page: 6” by 8.5” $110:1 picture and 150 words, 2 pictures and 100 words, or 3 pictures and 50 words
*Please Note : ALL SENIOR PICS MUST ALSO BE TURNED IN BY NOVEMBER 1. *
Posted on Tue, September 20, 2016
by CHS Editor