You should have recently received your student's mid-quarter report. Keep in mind that this report is an indicator of how things are going halfway through the first quarter of the year. It's not a final report, and doesn't show up on a transcript. The purpose of this midquarter report is simply to let you know how things are going at this time. There's plenty of time to raise a grade, work harder, or request extra help.
1. Make plans to attend the Cathedral Fall Play "Blithe Spirit" - a Noel Coward comedy - next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (13, 14 & 15) in Holy Angels. This is Jay Terry's directorial debut at Cathedral.
2. Volleyball Dig Pink night is Thursday, October 13th . The girls will be playing Annandale. Players will be selling t-shirts, beads and bags at lunch all week prior to the game. Items will also be available at the game (as supplies last). T-shirts are $12 (Youth Large are $10), beads are $1 and bags are $5. Proceeds being donated to Coborns Cancer Center. Cathedral students will be allowed free admission into the game if they wear pink.
3. Concerns About Computer-Related Scam Phone Calls:
• Cathedral will never ask you over the phone for your password.
• Cathedral will never observe or take remote control of your computer when off-campus.
• If you are ever in doubt about information received via a phone call, please call Cathedral for help or information.
4. Students going on the next Cathedral Africa trip are hosting a fundraising breakfast at the St. Cloud Country Club on Sunday, October 16 from 8 - 11 AM. Tickets are available from any trip participant and are also available at the door. $10 adults, $5 children/students.
5. A doctoral student in our community is doing his dissertation study to understand the relationship between children’s interactions with peers and parenting. Youth participants in the study will receive a $10 Target gift card. Adult participants will be entered into a raffle for an Apple iPad or one of two $50 Target store gift cards. To participate or to ask any questions, please call or text Andrew Kingwell at (858) 621-3084.
6. The 9th hour on Thursday was put in place last year in order to give our teachers time during the school day for valuable professional development. We received high praise for initiating this time when the accreditation team was here last spring. It's important that parents understand that this time is intended as extra study time for students also, not time to be excused early. Students may access teachers, visit the library, have their computer checked, or meet in small groups to work on a project. It's school time. Please do not call and ask to have your child excused early. Only seniors have that privilege. If your student rides home with a senior, please ask them to stay until the end of the day or try to make other arrangements. If this time is not respected as worthwhile study time, we will no longer be able to offer our teachers this opportunity to meet every other week with their colleagues to discuss teaching strategies and new ideas in pedagogy. Obviously, doctor and dentist appointments will still be excused absences during that time. We respectfully ask that you treat Thursdays like every other day with the school day ending at 3:00 pm.
7. An important reminder: Cathedral is a peanut and tree nut free school. Our lunch program is peanut free, and it is very important that any treats/snacks that are brought into the school or to a school activity are peanut free. The only way to know that a product is peanut free is to read the label. We will post a list of "safe" products on our website, but even those can change. The only way to be absolutely sure about an item is to read the label. We are also a fragrance free school.
8. From Father Ben: CHS is offering a pilgrimage to Rome, Italy for the summer of 2017! Students enjoy a 16 day trip to the "eternal city” and Italian countryside where they can grow in their faith, encounter the Italian culture and food, and learn about history! They earn two college credits while learning and having a blast! We will have an information meeting Sunday, September 25th at 7 PM in the CHS conference room by the cafeteria. Patrick Flynn and I will cover details such as itinerary, cost, fundraising and any other questions you might have! You don’t need to be committed yet.
Information for Senior Parents about yearbook photos:
Hello, Senior Parents!
The DEADLINE for senior pics and baby ads is NOVEMBER 1ST! Payments for baby ads can be made out to Cathedral and can be sent to Cathedral. If the senior picture does not get submitted, a student's Life Touch photo will be used! Pictures need to be at least 300 DPI, color or black & white. The photo must be appropriate for the Cathedral yearbook (not provocative or too revealing). These may be sent via email, disk, flash drive, or paper copy to email@example.com. The picture will be placed in a 3 X 3 box. If the picture does not fit, the yearbook staff will crop to the necessary size.
The senior picture needs to be sent in by the photographer and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby Picture Info: Celebrate your senior with a baby ad in this year’s yearbook! Please have your ads in by this date in order to give the yearbook staff to have enough time to place them into the book! To turn the ad in, either email it to email@example.com or send the ad to the Main Office. Hard copy pictures will be sent back to you as soon as yearbook editors are finished with them. In order for this process to run smoothly, we ask that when your ad is turned in, all parts are sent to us at the same time.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks, Hannah Skockenski Yearbook Senior Editor
Page Size Measurements Cost Options
Eighth Page: 2.75” by 4” $65: 1 picture 50 words
Quarter Page: 5.5” by 4” $85:1 picture and 100 words or 2 pictures and 50 words
Half Page: 6” by 8.5” $110:1 picture and 150 words, 2 pictures and 100 words, or 3 pictures and 50 words
*Please Note : ALL SENIOR PICS MUST ALSO BE TURNED IN BY NOVEMBER 1. *
Posted on Fri, October 7, 2016
by CHS Editor