1. Over the years, Bobby Vee and his Rockin' Round the Clock raised over a million dollars for Cathedral High School. There's a new musical at the St. Paul History Museum, chronicling his years of being a teen idol, and it is playing to outstanding reviews. It's the world premiere of the show and done in collaboration with Jeff and Tommy Vee. The show continues Thursdays through Sundays in October. One of our teachers saw the show over the weekend, and returned telling us that it's so good that everyone should make plans to see it! Here is a link to more information and ticket information:
2. Our Chinese teacher, Xiaodan Sun (Tiya), is in need of a host family. She would be able to pay a host family $200 per month to help cover housing expenses. She could help with tutoring in Chinese.
3. Make plans to attend the Cathedral Fall Play "Blithe Spirit" - a Noel Coward comedy - next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (13, 14 & 15) in Holy Angels. This is Jay Terry's directorial debut at Cathedral.
4. Volleyball Dig Pink night is Thursday, October 13th . The girls will be playing Annandale. Players will be selling t-shirts, beads and bags at lunch all week prior to the game. Items will also be available at the game (as supplies last). T-shirts are $12 (Youth Large are $10), beads are $1 and bags are $5. Proceeds being donated to Coborn's Cancer Center. Cathedral students will be allowed free admission into the game if they wear pink.
5. Concerns About Computer-Related Scam Phone Calls:
• Cathedral will never ask you over the phone for your password.
• Cathedral will never observe or take remote control of your computer when off-campus.
• If you are ever in doubt about information received via a phone call, please call Cathedral for help or information.
6. Students going on the next Cathedral Africa trip are hosting a fundraising breakfast at the St. Cloud Country Club on Sunday, October 16 from 8 - 11 AM. Tickets are available from any trip participant and are also available at the door. $10 adults, $5 children/students.
7. A doctoral student in our community is doing his dissertation study to understand the relationship between children’s interactions with peers and parenting. Youth participants in the study will receive a $10 Target gift card. Adult participants will be entered into a raffle for an Apple iPad or one of two $50 Target store gift cards. To participate or to ask any questions, please call or text Andrew Kingwell at (858) 621-3084.
Information for Senior Parents about yearbook photos:
Hello, Senior Parents!
The DEADLINE for senior pics and baby ads is NOVEMBER 1ST! Payments for baby ads can be made out to Cathedral and can be sent to Cathedral. If the senior picture does not get submitted, a student's Life Touch photo will be used! Pictures need to be at least 300 DPI, color or black & white. The photo must be appropriate for the Cathedral yearbook (not provocative or too revealing). These may be sent via email, disk, flash drive, or paper copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The picture will be placed in a 3 X 3 box. If the picture does not fit, the yearbook staff will crop to the necessary size.
The senior picture needs to be sent in by the photographer and sent to email@example.com
Baby Picture Info: Celebrate your senior with a baby ad in this year’s yearbook! Please have your ads in by this date in order to give the yearbook staff to have enough time to place them into the book! To turn the ad in, either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the ad to the Main Office. Hard copy pictures will be sent back to you as soon as yearbook editors are finished with them. In order for this process to run smoothly, we ask that when your ad is turned in, all parts are sent to us at the same time.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks, Hannah Skockenski Yearbook Senior Editor
Page Size Measurements Cost Options
Eighth Page: 2.75” by 4” $65: 1 picture 50 words
Quarter Page: 5.5” by 4” $85:1 picture and 100 words or 2 pictures and 50 words
Half Page: 6” by 8.5” $110:1 picture and 150 words, 2 pictures and 100 words, or 3 pictures and 50 words
*Please Note : ALL SENIOR PICS MUST ALSO BE TURNED IN BY NOVEMBER 1. *
Posted on Mon, October 10, 2016
by CHS Editor