1. Our teachers have expressed concern regarding email communications. In this age of immediate gratification, it's important to remember that our teachers are not expected to be on call 24 hours a day. If teachers receive an email from a student or parent in the evening or over the weekend, they are not obligated to respond immediately. They have busy lives and schedules and can't be expected to answer emails at any time. I know they will respond in a timely manner, but maybe not immediately. We will also speak to our students about this.
2.Thank you to the senior parents who brought pies yesterday for our teachers and staff. It's so nice to discover a treat like that in the staff dining room!
3. This weekend is the 1st Annual Central Minnesota on Tap at St. Katharine Drexel School. Enjoy a sampling of over 30 craft beers and ciders. This unique event, at SKD, 2:00 to 6:00
on Saturday, will also feature hot food, live music, and voting for best beer. Advance tickets, available at SKD, are $20 and tickets at the door are $25.
4. From Parent Council: Thank you to all whom were able to attend the September Parent Council Meeting. Please join us at our next Parent Council Meeting, Tuesday Oct 18th 11:30AM in the Conference Room off of the Senior Lounge. This month we are looking for volunteers to assist with; Staff Appreciation Meal, Nov 3rd, selling cheesecakes during Parent Teacher Conferences(Nov 3rd and 9th) and providing staff treats from the Junior Class. This month's featured speaker will be Emmett Keenan, Activities Director.
5. NHS has its first blood drive on Wednesday, November 16th. This is open to parents. Click back to this email with a preferred time if you can donate on that date.
6. Over the years, Bobby Vee and his Rockin' Round the Clock raised over a million dollars for Cathedral High School. There's a new musical at the St. Paul History Museum, chronicling his years of being a teen idol, and it is playing to outstanding reviews. It's the world premiere of the show and done in collaboration with Jeff and Tommy Vee. The show continues Thursdays through Sundays in October. One of our teachers saw the show over the weekend, and returned telling us that it's so good that everyone should make plans to see it! Here is a link to more information and ticket information:
7. Make plans to attend the Cathedral Fall Play "Blithe Spirit" - a Noel Coward comedy - opening tonight! Shows are also Friday, and Saturday in Holy Angels. This is Jay Terry's directorial debut at Cathedral.
8. Volleyball Dig Pink night is tonight, October 13th . The girls play Annandale. Players will be selling t-shirts, beads and bags at lunch all week prior to the game. Items will also be available at the game (as supplies last). T-shirts are $12 (Youth Large are $10), beads are $1 and bags are $5. Proceeds being donated to Coborn's Cancer Center. Cathedral students will be allowed free admission into the game if they wear pink.
9. Concerns About Computer-Related Scam Phone Calls:
• Cathedral will never ask you over the phone for your password.
• Cathedral will never observe or take remote control of your computer when off-campus.
• If you are ever in doubt about information received via a phone call, please call Cathedral for help or information.
Information for Senior Parents about yearbook photos:
Hello, Senior Parents!
The DEADLINE for senior pics and baby ads is NOVEMBER 1ST! Payments for baby ads can be made out to Cathedral and can be sent to Cathedral. If the senior picture does not get submitted, a student's Life Touch photo will be used! Pictures need to be at least 300 DPI, color or black & white. The photo must be appropriate for the Cathedral yearbook (not provocative or too revealing). These may be sent via email, disk, flash drive, or paper copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The picture will be placed in a 3 X 3 box. If the picture does not fit, the yearbook staff will crop to the necessary size.
The senior picture needs to be sent in by the photographer and sent to email@example.com
Baby Picture Info: Celebrate your senior with a baby ad in this year’s yearbook! Please have your ads in by this date in order to give the yearbook staff to have enough time to place them into the book! To turn the ad in, either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the ad to the Main Office. Hard copy pictures will be sent back to you as soon as yearbook editors are finished with them. In order for this process to run smoothly, we ask that when your ad is turned in, all parts are sent to us at the same time.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks, Hannah Skockenski Yearbook Senior Editor
Page Size Measurements Cost Options
Eighth Page: 2.75” by 4” $65: 1 picture 50 words
Quarter Page: 5.5” by 4” $85:1 picture and 100 words or 2 pictures and 50 words
Half Page: 6” by 8.5” $110:1 picture and 150 words, 2 pictures and 100 words, or 3 pictures and 50 words
*Please Note : ALL SENIOR PICS MUST ALSO BE TURNED IN BY NOVEMBER 1. *
Posted on Thu, October 13, 2016
by CHS Editor