1. Cathedral's annual Grandparents' Day is Nov. 22, the day before Thanksgiving vacation starts. If you are a new parent, and would like an invitation sent to your child's grandparents, please either call the Main Office or click back to this email with the addresses. If you sent addresses to us in the past, we sent those invitations out yesterday. The day for grandparents involves a nice breakfast with grandchild(ren) and then we all go to Mass together, usually celebrated by the Bishop. I am reminded every year that grandparents matter as much, if not more, to teenagers. They love their grandmas and grandpas, and grandparents, in turn, are so proud of these young adults. It's really a great day.
2. We will allow students to wear costumes to school on Halloween with these restrictions: no weapons, no face masks, no clown costumes, no political costumes, nothing sexual (not too short or bare), and no cross dressing.
3. Hard to believe, but today is the end of Quarter 1. That means that report cards and conferences will happen on Thursday, Nov. 3 (4:00 to 7:00 and Wednesday, Nov. 9 (4:00 to 6:00). You will receive a letter with this information also.
4. Now that the 7th graders have been here for a quarter, we'd like to offer parents a chance to meet and talk about how things are going. There will be a meeting for interested seventh grade parents at 7:00 pm in the library after the first session of conferences. (Nov. 3).
5. Our all-school liturgy next week will be on Tuesday, Nov. 1 for All Saints Day. You are always welcome to join us at 8:45 for our school Masses.
Information for Senior Parents about yearbook photos:
Hello, Senior Parents!
The DEADLINE for senior pics and baby ads is NOVEMBER 1ST! Payments for baby ads can be made out to Cathedral and can be sent to Cathedral. If the senior picture does not get submitted, a student's Life Touch photo will be used! Pictures need to be at least 300 DPI, color or black & white. The photo must be appropriate for the Cathedral yearbook (not provocative or too revealing). These may be sent via email, disk, flash drive, or paper copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The picture will be placed in a 3 X 3 box. If the picture does not fit, the yearbook staff will crop to the necessary size.
The senior picture needs to be sent in by the photographer and sent to email@example.com
Baby Picture Info: Celebrate your senior with a baby ad in this year’s yearbook! Please have your ads in by this date in order to give the yearbook staff to have enough time to place them into the book! To turn the ad in, either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the ad to the Main Office. Hard copy pictures will be sent back to you as soon as yearbook editors are finished with them. In order for this process to run smoothly, we ask that when your ad is turned in, all parts are sent to us at the same time.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks, Hannah Skockenski Yearbook Senior Editor
Page Size Measurements Cost Options
Eighth Page: 2.75” by 4” $65: 1 picture 50 words
Quarter Page: 5.5” by 4” $85:1 picture and 100 words or 2 pictures and 50 words
Half Page: 6” by 8.5” $110:1 picture and 150 words, 2 pictures and 100 words, or 3 pictures and 50 words
*Please Note : ALL SENIOR PICS MUST ALSO BE TURNED IN BY NOVEMBER 1. *
Posted on Fri, October 28, 2016
by CHS Editor