1. Today we begin a Campaign for Courtesy for the month of November. This week, we will cover general politeness like greeting people, saying "excuse me" and opening doors. Over the next few weeks, we'll highlight courtesy in the classroom, in the lunchroom, and online. Alerting you to this campaign is one of the ways of getting the word out. Teachers will be promoting it, and there will be prizes when we catch a student being courteous. This may sound like an elementary project, but our "big" kids need these reminders as well. Our focus for today is greeting people when you meet them: looking them in the eye, saying "good morning" or "hello," using their name if possible.
2. A reminder about students bringing Halloween candy to school: we are a peanut free school. Please make sure that your child does not bring anything with peanuts to school.
3. Cathedral's annual Grandparents' Day is Nov. 22, the day before Thanksgiving vacation starts. If you are a new parent, and would like an invitation sent to your child's grandparents, please either call the Main Office or click back to this email with the addresses. If you sent addresses to us in the past, we sent those invitations out yesterday. The day for grandparents involves a nice breakfast with grandchild(ren) and then we all go to Mass together, usually celebrated by the Bishop. I am reminded every year that grandparents matter as much, if not more, to teenagers. They love their grandmas and grandpas, and grandparents, in turn, are so proud of these young adults. It's really a great day.
4. Report cards and conferences will happen on Thursday, Nov. 3 (4:00 to 7:00 and Wednesday, Nov. 9 (4:00 to 6:00). You will receive a letter with this information also.
5. Now that the 7th graders have been here for a quarter, we'd like to offer parents a chance to meet and talk about how things are going. There will be a meeting for interested seventh grade parents at 7:00 pm in the library after the first session of conferences. (Nov. 3).
6. Our all-school liturgy this week will be on Tuesday, (tomorrow) for All Saints Day. You are always welcome to join us at 8:45 for our school Masses.
Information for Senior Parents about yearbook photos:
Hello, Senior Parents!
The DEADLINE for senior pics and baby ads is NOVEMBER 1ST! Payments for baby ads can be made out to Cathedral and can be sent to Cathedral. If the senior picture does not get submitted, a student's Life Touch photo will be used! Pictures need to be at least 300 DPI, color or black & white. The photo must be appropriate for the Cathedral yearbook (not provocative or too revealing). These may be sent via email, disk, flash drive, or paper copy to email@example.com. The picture will be placed in a 3 X 3 box. If the picture does not fit, the yearbook staff will crop to the necessary size.
The senior picture needs to be sent in by the photographer and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby Picture Info: Celebrate your senior with a baby ad in this year’s yearbook! Please have your ads in by this date in order to give the yearbook staff to have enough time to place them into the book! To turn the ad in, either email it to email@example.com or send the ad to the Main Office. Hard copy pictures will be sent back to you as soon as yearbook editors are finished with them. In order for this process to run smoothly, we ask that when your ad is turned in, all parts are sent to us at the same time.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks, Hannah Skockenski Yearbook Senior Editor
Page Size Measurements Cost Options
Eighth Page: 2.75” by 4” $65: 1 picture 50 words
Quarter Page: 5.5” by 4” $85:1 picture and 100 words or 2 pictures and 50 words
Half Page: 6” by 8.5” $110:1 picture and 150 words, 2 pictures and 100 words, or 3 pictures and 50 words
*Please Note : ALL SENIOR PICS MUST ALSO BE TURNED IN BY NOVEMBER 1. *
Posted on Mon, October 31, 2016
by CHS Editor