A Message to Parents
1. Today is Ash Wednesday. Our school liturgy is at 8:50 am. You are welcome to join us in the North Gym.
2. Because of the conflict with the musical, we have moved our Activity Night (middle school students) that was originally scheduled for Friday night. It has been rescheduled for March 24.
3. We hope everyone plans to see Hello Dolly! Performances are this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:00 pm, along with a 2:00 pm matinee on Saturday. Tickets are for sale in the Main Office.
4. Our Activities Office has tickets for Thursday night's hockey game against Alexandria. Stop by and get them here so that you don't need to stand in long lines at the MAC.
5. We have been working on cell phone issues all week. We have asked all students to put them away at lunch in order to spend that time socializing and interacting with friends and classmates. For some students, it has been easy; for others, much more difficult. Many of our theology teachers are encouraging students to "give up" some phone time during Lent. Please support this campaign at home. Here are some ideas:
- do not allow phones at the dinner table. One parent shared that they have a basket in the kitchen and everyone drops their phones there before sitting down to eat.
- dinner time could become "charging time." Have a charging station in the kitchen.
- do not allow your teen to take their phones to bed. Many of them admit that it's right on the pillow beside them all night long. Their excuse is that they are using it as an alarm clock, but the reality is that they are watching for or sending messages during the night.
5. Important Date Change: Our next Middle School Band/Choir Concert will be on March 7.
Posted on Wed, March 1, 2017
by CHS Editor