1. Cathedral High School (co-ed) Fall bowling team is open to all students grades 7-12. The Cathedral bowling team is one of 120 teams participating in Minnesota High School Bowling statewide. Pre-season practice begins in mid-August. The regular season runs from early September to mid-November. Post season competition concludes the 1st weekend in December. The Cathedral bowling team bowls out of the Central Conference with competitors from St. Cloud Apollo, St. Cloud Tech, Sartell-St. Stephen, Sauk Rapids-Rice, Brainerd and Forest Lake. Practices are generally held two afternoons each week at Southway Bowl. Meets consisting of two matches are held on Saturday afternoons at different bowling centers that sponsor the Central Conference teams.
For information on the Cathedral High School bowling team contact the Team Manager, Julie Roste at email@example.com or Kim Neisen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the fun on Thursday, August 17th at Southway Bowl (1222 33rd St. S., St. Cloud) from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm! Meet the team, do a little bowling, and get all of your questions answered.
2. Food Service is looking for Server/Dishwasher 4.5 hours a day, 9:00-1:30. If interested, you may apply in the Main Office.
3. Our teachers report back for Workshop Week next Monday. They will be busy all week and then have Friday off before school begins on Aug. 28 (for 7th graders and new students).
4. You should have received information about our Back-to-School Picnic/Open House, which is Thursday, Aug. 24, starting at 4:30. We'll provide hot dogs, chips, and dessert. Families are invited to bring fruit to share. A reminder that we are a peanut free school. Open House follows the picnic, 6:00 to 7:00 pm.
5. As you shop for back-to-school, a couple reminders about dress code:
- Shorts for both boys and girls must be long. Running shorts are not appropriate for school.
- Leggings are not allowed unless the top/shirt/dress is long (just above the knee).
- No ripped jeans or jeans with holes.
- No yoga pants.
We are one of just two Catholic high schools in the state of Minnesota without uniforms, so our dress code matters. Please support our efforts to maintain an environment where dress is modest and appropriate for school.
6. The first day of school for 7th graders is a shortened day. They will be dismissed at 2:30 pm. New students in Grades 8-12 will be done at 11:30 am.
7. From Jeremy Meyer, our Director of International Admissions:
Cathedral Seeks Host Families:
Cathedral continues to welcome students from all over the world as full-time students. They bring with them a new perspective and culture to share with current students from Central Minnesota. These international students have the opportunity to live with host families. The international program is currently looking for families interested in hosting a student for the upcoming school year. The students seeking host families this Fall come from Colombia, Spain, Vietnam, Korea, and Afghanistan.
Below is a list of students looking for host families:
Lucia - Girl - Spain - 10th Grade
Nasir - Boy - Afghanistan - 11th Grade
Nguyen - Boy - Vietnam - 11th Grade
Khanh - Girl - Vietnam - 11th Grade
Vy - Girl - Vietnam - 11th Grade
Vu - Boy - Vietnam - 11th Grade
Cristian - Boy - Colombia - 12th Grade
Minh - Boy - Vietnam - 12th Grade
Ellie - Girl - Korea - 9th Grade (Would like to live near the school)
SeoEun - Girl - Korea - 9th Grade
The school needs interested and desiring families to share their home and family and potentially learn about another culture. For more information, please contact Jeremy Meyer, Cathedral International Programs, at 320-257-2145.
Create a friendship that lasts a lifetime!
Thank you to all of the families that have already volunteered!!
Posted on Tue, August 15, 2017
by CHS Editor