A Message to Parents
We are off to a great start! Students are positive and engaged. Their only complaint so far is about getting up so early in the morning! Here's just a sample of the things I saw in classrooms this morning:
- In Jim Trout's engineering class, he asked, "Why are you here?" Responses ranged from "I want to see if I might want to be an engineer." to "To make cool stuff."
- In photography, a discussion about shutter speed.
- In Mr. Flynn's class, he explained the difference between theology and religion.
- In AP Human Geography, a discussion about all of the places that students have traveled.
- Lots of get-to-know-each other activities.
- Very little Engish in Ms. Mugge's German classes, so I wasn't real sure what they were talking about!
Computer handout for all new students is today, either 5:30 or 6:15 pm in the cafeteria. Students and a parent must be present to pick up their laptops. Parents will also receive information about logging in to student accounts at that time. Current students are receiving their computers today.
This eblast is one of our primary means of communication. If you know of a parent who is not receiving it, please let me know so that we can add that name to our list. Note that I must title each eblast differently, so sometimes the title does not refer to all of the messages. We hope that you will always open and read these eblasts.
Posted on Tue, August 29, 2017
by CHS Editor