A Message to Parents
Hello and Welcome to a Wonderful Week,
I hope this E Blast finds you well. There is a great deal happening and I will share a few of the happenings with you here. Thanks
1. Retreats – Our Seniors participated in their Retreat in Sauk Rapids yesterday. The purpose of our retreats is to help our students reflect on ways to become better people, community members and Catholics. The theme of each of our retreats this year is “HOPE: Our anchor for the future.” We were able to bring in the NET Team, a group of individuals from across the nation who shared their Catholic experience and faith with our students. We are excited for this opportunity for our students and entire community. The Juniors will participate in their retreat next week. Please see the master calendar for retreat dates for specific grade levels.
2. Senior Information – Our Counselors are meeting with the Seniors this week regarding
planning for college and their future. There is a meeting for the parents of seniors on Monday at 7:00 pm in our Library. The time to plan is NOW. We encourage you to attend. Similar information will be shared with Juniors and parents of Juniors in the weeks ahead. Please see the master calendar for the specific dates.
3. A message from Mr. Bjornstad -
ATTENTION HEALTH PROFESSIONALS:
Mr. Bjornstad is looking for parents that would be willing to allow a student in his Health Careers class shadow you in your health profession. These seniors, highly motivated students are enrolled second semester in the Health Careers class and are required to "shadow"; for a total of 24 hours. Preferably they shadow in an occupation that they have a potential interest in as a career. We especially need health professions that are not affiliated with CentraCare Health system. We cannot solicit CentraCare employees as CentraCare provides us with a list of possibilities once the director of that unit makes them available to the Human Resources office. We are grateful for the
openings that CentraCare provides and want to honor the procedure that they have put in place for us. If you are a non CentraCare Health professional and would be willing to allow a student to shadow a total of 24 hours between March 1st and May 15th please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know as well as your health profession. Thank you for your consideration in providing this learning opportunity to our students.
4. Crusader Pride - Thursday September 20 is PAA Girl’s Volleyball Night at the CHS Volleyball game against Milaca. We welcome the PAA athletes to the match. It is fun to see our future Crusaders in their school colors!!
5. Catholic Community Schools Breakfast – Space is still available for anyone who is interested in attending the CCS "Get to Know Us" Breakfast on Monday morning. This is an opportunity to share the good stories about our schools and the Catholic experience with prospective parents and families. The registration is open until mid-day Friday. Click HERE to register.
I have some communication updates to share with you and will send a separate EBlast tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing your children with us! Cathedral is rich in tradition and finds tremendous strength in the many people that make CHS great. Thanks to all for doing your part in creating this wonderful environment for learners of all ages.
Have a great day!
Posted on Thu, September 13, 2018
by CHS Editor