A Message from the Principal
1. Sad news for our Cathedral family: Cathy Zulkosky, mother of freshman Catelyn and alum Connor ('13), passed away yesterday afternoon. Arrangements are still pending. Please keep this family in your prayers.
2. If you are in touch with grandparents who are coming tomorrow for breakfast and Mass, please let them know that they can park in the South lot across the street from our South Building. There is a handicapped door on the east end of the South Building that goes right to the elevator. We will have rides to the North Gym for Mass for anyone unable to walk there.
3. Please remind your student to wear the Cathedral blue shirt tomorrow. You are invited to join us for our Grandparents' Liturgy with Bishop Kettler at 9:30 am in the North Gym.
4.We recently reminded our students that cell phones are not allowed to be used during the school day at Cathedral. If students absolutely need to make a call, we allow them to do that in the Attendance or Main Office. Not only are cell phones a distraction during the learning process, they have all sorts of other negative possibilities in a school (cheating, photographing others, etc.) Our students are so connected to their phones outside of school hours; it really is a good thing that these are turned off during the school day. Please do not call your son/daughter while they are in school. If you need to get a message to them, our Attendance Office is happy to do that.
5. Students going to Africa next summer are hosting a shoe drive fundraiser. Drop off gently used tennis shoes (please tie the laces together) at one of the drop boxes at CHS. The shoe drive runs until December 14.
6. Planning for "Celebrations of Seasons" is underway. After a very successful event last year many of you expressed interest in helping out at some level. We will be having a informational meeting on December 8th at 6:30 in the Commons at CHS. This is a great way to volunteer your time and skills, to help "Celebrations of Seasons" continue to grow and be successful. If you are unable to attend, but would still like to be a part of this great event please email Shannon Petroske @email@example.com or Amy O'Neal @firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Posted on Mon, November 25, 2013
by CHS Editor