1. The midterm of Quarter 2 is this Friday! The year continues to fly by. You will be receiving a midterm report in the mail next week, but you can check your student's grades at any time through PowerSchool. If you have misplaced your PowerSchool password, or are having any trouble logging in to PowerSchool, please contact our registrar, Cindy Sieling, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Our annual bookfair is this Sunday at Barnes and Noble. We are sending you a letter with our coupon for the bookfair. By using this coupon, a percentage of your purchase comes back to Cathedral to be used for our library.
3. Don't forget that our Spirit Shop is a great Christmas shopping idea. We have all sorts of Cathedral apparel - something for every student.
4. Meeting Reminder:Planning for "Celebrations of Seasons" is underway. After a very successful event last year many of you expressed interest in helping out at some level. We will be having a informational meeting onDecember 8th at 6:30in the Commons at CHS. This is a great way to volunteer your time and skills, to help "Celebrations of Seasons" contiue to grow and be successful. If you are unable to attend, but would still like to be a part of this great event please email Shannon Petroske @email@example.com Amy O'Neal @firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
5. Looking for a Christmas gift? Magazine subscriptions can be ordered year round and they help support Cathedral Athletics and Activities. There is a link on the Athletics and Activities page on our website. Cathedral's code is 2610541.
6. Our Activities Office is running a winter special on season passes for basketball. Passes can be used at any regular season boys or girls basketball game this school year. Adults are $55 and students (K-12) and seniors are $25 per pass. These are great Christmas gifts for grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, etc. Passes can be purchased in the Activities Office or at a home basketball game.
7. The second show of the Big River Show Series is this Friday, Dec. 6, in Holy Angels Performing Arts Center, featuring the world class vocal ensemble, Six Appeal, with their "Home for the Holidays" show. Our own a cappella group The Ratio will perform as the opening act. Tickets for the show are available online: glbergpresents.com or by calling 320-654-6901, ext. 2.
8. Father Ben and Deb Schnettler will be leading a group at Cathedral to make the popular 33 Days to Morning Glory Marian consecration by Fr. Michael Gaitley. All students, faculty, staff, parents, and family members are invited to join this group. This 33 day, do-it-yourself retreat is a journey through the writings and teachings on Mary by prominent saints St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, Blessed Mother Teresa and Blessed John Paul II. Each day has a short and rich reflection that takes as little as 5-10 minutes to read through and can be pondered throughout the day. Mary's role in the church and in our lives will be explored. According to these saints, by consecrating ourselves to Mary, we are engaging in the quickest way to growing in holiness and becoming saints. These 33 days will start with a special Mass at CHS on Sunday, Dec. 8 at 4:30 pm followed by a light meal. If you are interested, please email Father Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (320) 249-8125 for more details. He needs to know numbers so that he can order books. These will be provided for you at no cost.
Posted on Wed, December 4, 2013
by CHS Editor