A Message from the Principal
A Message from the Principal
1. We postponed our first Activity Night for 7th/8th graders to next Friday, Nov. 15, 7:00 to 9:30. This is a fun, safe way for our middle school students to spend a Friday night together. There will be Dodge Ball, FourSquare, Ping Pong, Chess, dancing, and more. The music and dancing will be appropriate (I will be reading lyrics this weekend!). We need parent chaperones; please respond back to this email if you are able to help us out that evening.
2. Our second night of conferences is Monday, 4:00 to 7:00 pm. Even though you may know your child's grades through PowerSchool, please take a few minutes to come in and meet the teachers personally.
If you ordered a Cathedral phone book, and your child has not picked that up, it will be available to pick up at conferences. Parent Council produces these for us each year. You may purchase one if you happened to miss the order opportunity.
3. Our Campus Ministers are beginning a food drive for the Emergency Food Shelf. The theme is "Will You Survive" and they have planned motivational activities and doubled their goal from previous years. The food drive runs Nov. 11 - 22. Please support this worthy drive.
4. The Nordic Ski Team is selling poinsettias for their team fundraiser. The poinsettias are beautiful, festive plants from St. Cloud Floral. Consider purchasing one or more for a gift for someone or for yourself. The 6" plants are red, white, pink and burgundy and the cost is $15. We are offering a 6" blue poinsettia with gold sparkles in honor of our teammate, Ellie Sovada and cost is $20. Checks should be made to Cathedral Athletic Association. Poinsettia sale is from November 4th-22nd. Plants will be available for pick up Wednesday, December 4th from 10:00 am-5:50 pm at the North Gym. For orders, contact any Nordic skier or Lauri Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-3311.
5. From the CHS Library/Media Center:
In conjunction with our annual Barnes and Noble book fair, we are hosting a book drive committed to purchasing and donating books for our area’s Head Start programs. Please stop by our table, set-up near the check-in area at parent/teacher conferences, to pick up a donation slip. Plan to purchase a book for one of the area centers, serving birth to five year olds, at our Cathedral High School’s Book Fair being held at Barnes and Noble all day on Sunday, December 8th, 2013. The book fair is also available online (barnesandnoble.com) December 8th through the 14th. Use a book fair voucher, also found at our conference tables, and 5% of your purchase dollars will be given back to our Media Center at CHS. If you have any questions, or would like to volunteer to help with the book fair on December 8th, please contact Julie Notsch, Cathedral High School Media Specialist, email@example.com. Thank you!
Posted on Fri, November 8, 2013
by Lynn Grewing