The CHS Guidance Office posts a variety of scholarships throughout the year. Please continue to check the Cathedral website for updated information.
Cathedral High School Local Scholarships 2017
General Application Due March 28, 2017
SENIORS: There are a number of local scholarships given to Cathedral seniors who will be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary school next year. If any of the scholarships require a transcript, the Guidance Office will attach it to your application. If an applications requires your GPA, the Guidance Office will fill it in.
Click here to download CHS Local Scholarships Form.
Special Applications 2017: The following scholarships require a special application form available in the Counseling Office or you can download applications clicking on the individual scholarship link. All applications are due back to the Counseling Office, S116, by March 28th, 2017.
||1 @ $500 ||Volunteering, leadership, 3.0 GPA |
|CHS Faculty Association
||2 @ $500 ||Student graduating Class of 2017 |
|Clearwater Lions ||1 @ $1,000 ||Must live in Clearwater area, community service |
|Glenn J. Imholte Memorial Chamber Connection
||Amount TBD ||Student planning to major in business-related area, 3.0 GPA, leadership, community involvement |
|Insight Eye Care (Chamber)
||1 @ $500 ||3.4 GPA, volunteering, leadership |
|St. Cloud Area Youth Basketball - SCAYBA
||1 @ $500 male |
1 @ $500 female
|3.0 GPA, participated in St. Cloud Youth Basketball for three (3) years |
|St. Cloud Business Student Executive Council (Chamber)
||1 @ $250 ||Student planning to attend SCSU majoring in business, involvement in community and school activities |
|St. Cloud Orthopedic
||1 @ $500 ||Student pursuing health care related degree, 3.0 GPA, extra-curricular activities, essay |
|St. Cloud River Runners
||3 @ $500 given in St. Cloud area ||St. Cloud area Cross Country participant, 3.0 GPA, community service, leadership, essay |
Scholarships for Juniors in High School
Minnesota Association of Townships Scholarship Program: The Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) is awarding six (6) $1,000 scholarships to juniors that plan to further their education at a college, university or vocational school. Applicants must complete the application form and submit it along with a written essay (450-500 words) discussing this year's topic: Sustainable Water: The Foundation of Minnesota's Environment, Economy, Health and Well Being. Follow this link www.mntownships.org for more information and download the application. Applications also available in the Guidance Office, S116. Deadline May 1, 2017
Scholarships for Seniors in High School
Minnesota Women's Golf Association Foundation Scholarship: The MSGA Foundation Scholarship is an award of $3,000 per year, renewable for four years ($12,000). This scholarship may be applied toward undergraduate tuition, books, room and board.
• be in her senior year
• have a GPA at or above 3.2
• be a U.S. Citizen, and a female resident of Minnesota
• complete and file the FAFSA
• complete the MWGAF Scholarship Application
• be enrolled or about to enroll in an accredited college for four consecutive years
•be available for a telephone or in person interview
Application deadline: March 31st, 2017
Click to download application.
George W. Friedrich Foundation Scholarship: The George W. Friedrich Foundation is offering two $500 scholarships to two Lion's District 5M-8 high school senior. Submit application and essay to the Guidance Office, S116, by March 10th, 2017. Criteria include:
• Community service/activities
• Upper 50% of class
• Planning to attend a college/university or technical college
• Extracurricular involvement
Click to download application
St. Cloud Youth Hockey Association Scholarship SCYHA will award $500 to one Boys hockey player and one Ice Breaker player at each school, Apollo, Tech and Cathedral, totaling six (6) $500 scholarships. Return application to the Counseling Office, S116, by March 28th, 2017. Click to download application.
The GREAT Scholarship Program (Great Clips) Great Clips provides over $100,000 in scholarships and cosmetology tools to cosmetology students each year! Value range of individual scholarships $250 - $1,500. Application deadline: March 31, 2017. Get started at greatclipscareers.com/scholarships
Big Brothers Big Sisters is pleased to announce three scholarship opportunities for current/past Littles and High School Bigs:
- Federated Challenge Scholarship: A scholarship for up to $5,000 for students to attend a non-four year education or training program at an accredited Minnesota post-secondary school that focuses on obtaining an apprenticeship, certificate or associate’s degree. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- WWBD Memorial Scholarship: $500 scholarship to a college of their choice. This scholarship was created in honor of BriAnna Kruzel (a former Little Sister and High School Big Sister), who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in September 2013. Deadline to apply is April 1st.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Nursing Scholarship: Thanks to a generous donor Big Brothers Big Sisters is pleased to offer a scholarship for students studying to be a registered nurse. The award amount will change each year but minimum amount will be $500. Deadline to apply isMay 1st.
To apply click on the link of the individual scholarship or contact Ann Matvick at (320) 258-4517.
The Tom Bearson Foundation / St. Cloud Times have created the Tom Bearson Foundation Spirit Award / Scholarship to recognize the achievements, dedication, and positive spirit put forth by a Central Minnesota student athlete. One $2,500 scholarship will be awarded. Eligibility requirements:
- Be a Central Minnesota High School senior in the Spring of 2017
- Plan to pursue a degree at a technical, 2-year, or 4-year post-secondary institution.
- 3.0 minimun GPA
- A member of a high school sports team during the 2016 - 2017 school year Deadline to submit application is May 15, 2017. Click to download application.