The CHS Guidance Office posts a variety of scholarships throughout the year. Please continue to check the Cathedral website for updated information.
Scholarships for Juniors in High School
Minnesota Association of Townships Scholarship Program: The Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) is awarding six (6) $1,000 scholarships to juniors that plan to further their education at a college, university or vocational school. Applicants must complete the application form and submit it along with a written essay (450-500 words) discussing this year's topic: Sustainable Water: The Foundation of Minnesota's Environment, Economy, Health and Well Being. Follow this link www.mntownships.org for more information and download the application. Applications also available in the Guidance Office, S116. Deadline May 1, 2017
Scholarships for Seniors in High School
Big Brothers Big Sisters is pleased to announce three scholarship opportunities for current/past Littles and High School Bigs:
- Federated Challenge Scholarship: A scholarship for up to $5,000 for students to attend a non-four year education or training program at an accredited Minnesota post-secondary school that focuses on obtaining an apprenticeship, certificate or associate’s degree. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- WWBD Memorial Scholarship: $500 scholarship to a college of their choice. This scholarship was created in honor of BriAnna Kruzel (a former Little Sister and High School Big Sister), who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in September 2013. Deadline to apply is April 1st.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Nursing Scholarship: Thanks to a generous donor Big Brothers Big Sisters is pleased to offer a scholarship for students studying to be a registered nurse. The award amount will change each year but minimum amount will be $500. Deadline to apply isMay 1st.
To apply click on the link of the individual scholarship or contact Ann Matvick at (320) 258-4517.
The Tom Bearson Foundation / St. Cloud Times have created the Tom Bearson Foundation Spirit Award / Scholarship to recognize the achievements, dedication, and positive spirit put forth by a Central Minnesota student athlete. One $2,500 scholarship will be awarded. Eligibility requirements:
- Be a Central Minnesota High School senior in the Spring of 2017
- Plan to pursue a degree at a technical, 2-year, or 4-year post-secondary institution.
- 3.0 minimun GPA
- A member of a high school sports team during the 2016 - 2017 school year Deadline to submit application is May 15, 2017. Click to download application.
Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program For seniors planning to pursue postsecondary education at a community college or technical school Fall 2017. Criteria includes:
• financial assistance
• have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity
Up to 1,020 scholarships will be award in 2017 with a maximum award amount of $2,500. Apply online at application.horatioalger.org First priority deadline will be June 15, 2017. For more information go to https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/about-our-scholarship-programs/technical/
University of Minnesota Principled Man Scholarship Males planning to attend the U of M, Twin Cities may apply for an incoming male freshmen scholarship of $500. This scholarship opportunity is being offered by Phi Sigma Kappa but does not commit you to join Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity. Phi Sigma Kappa wants to encourage academic achievement and leadership to incoming male students and provide an opportunity to introduce young men to a potential college experience that encourages strong scholastics, leadership development, and community involvement. Deadline to apply July 31, 2017. To access the application form go to: https://principledmanscholarship.wufoo.com/forms/z1hymlz01p4slpc/