How do you install printer drivers?
Many printers utilize driverless communication such as AirPrint. For printers that do not take advantage of this technology, a few drivers (particularly HP drivers) are preloaded. See Apple's Published driver list.
Can I connect my laptop to a mobile hot spot?
While on campus, all students are to connect to the "Angel" network. There are some functions that will not work if you do not connect to this network such as printing. When off campus, you are able to connect to your home WiFi or a mobile hotspot. Students are not allowed to activate mobile hot spots on campus.
Unexpected pop-up ads are displayed. How can these be prevented?
Pop-up ads are typically caused by extensions that are maliciously installed within web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Each browser has a similar procedure to manage extensions.
- In the "Window" menu, select "Extensions".
- Disable or remove extensions that are untrusted or unfamiliar.
- In the "Tools" menu, select "Add-ons".
- In the sidebar, select "Extensions".
- Disable or delete extensions that are untrusted or unfamiliar.
- In the "Safari" menu, select "Preferences..."
- In the toolbar, click "Extensions".
- Disable or uninstall extensions that are untrusted or unfamiliar.
The computer is malfunctioning. What basic troubleshooting should be attempted prior to visiting the IT office?
- Restart (via the Apple menu).
- Within Self Service's "Troubleshoot" category, choose to "Fix ByHost files & flush caches".
- Within Self Service's "Troubleshoot" category, choose to "Verify Startup Disk".
- If the issue could be hardware related, reset the System Management Controller. Whether or not this fixes the issue, please information IT staff of the trouble.