We are always looking for volunteers for this event. There are a number of ways people can get involved. Here are a few of the areas where we need volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved please call Megan Rauch at (320) 257-2140 or Email. Thank you!
Silent Auction Donations: Our Silent Auction is divided into 5 categories (Great Outdoors, Gifts for All Ages, Box Office, Bon Appetit and Connoisseur’s Corner). Volunteers work to procure donated items for the shops and/or help to set up the shops at the event.
· Great Outdoors: A shop featuring anything and everything outside (Grills, bikes, flowers, planters, firepits, golf clubs, bean bag toss)
· Gifts for All Ages: A shop featuring items that could appeal to a wide audience. (Electronics, Photography, Sports Memorabilia, Handmade Blankets)
· Box Office: A shop featuring tickets or gift cards.
· Connoisseur’s Corner: A shop featuring wine and spirits or bar accessories donated by Cathedral Alumni.
· Bon Appetit: A shop featuring restaurant gift cards.
Live Auction / Featured Item Donations: Our Live Auction (or Featured Item Auction) is a great place for us to showcase high value and unique items. Volunteers in this area would work on procuring these donations.
Themed Basket Donations/Sponsorships: The themed basket area has a couple of different areas where volunteers are needed –
· Basket Assembly: We are always looking for people willing to come in and help assemble baskets by helping with gluing items down, removing price tags from items and wrapping baskets.
· Basket Sponsorships: We have about 33 baskets that will be created and each will need a Sponsor. The Sponsor pays for the basket cost and then is noted as a Sponsor in the Auction Catalog. We need volunteers to contact people who may be interested in sponsoring a basket.
Decorations: Each year we put together table decorations for each dinner table. We assemble the centerpieces at Cathedral in the months leading up to the event and then transport them to the event. Volunteers would help hot glue, decorate and assemble centerpieces.
Event Set Up: We typically start setting up for this event around noon on the Friday before the event and work until about 9 pm that evening. We return to finish setting up on Saturday morning around 7 am and are finished around 1 pm. Volunteers can come and go throughout. Set up includes table set up, decorations, auction set up and registration set up.
Event Tear Down: We tear down the majority of the event after the event. There may be an additional day (either Sunday or Monday) available to us for tear down. Tear down mainly entails packing up our supplies and loading them for transport back to Cathedral.